Topic: Films of war—what are the greatest “war films” of all time and why
Setting: the city of Rimini. Rimini is a city in the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy. The artists have yet again managed to beg, borrow and steal their way to a house they have rented for a month. In is late summer/early fall. Everything is lazy, even the heavy orange glow of the sun sits low in the sky each day. The drink wine from the moment they wake until they pass out, in general. They take turns making and eating pastas and meats. Figs. They eat a lot of figs and olives. The eating of the figs and olives and the non-stop dreamy drinking sort of becomes part of the mood and tone. They get very dramatic by nightfall. They sit outside at night and make up untrue things about themselves and inflate their ideas to cinematic proportions and fuck a lot.
Someone has just said: “Fucking Apocalypse Now. Fucking perfect in every way.”
32 Comments »
- Why we publish the books that we do, or, IN YOUR FACE, market, and why YOU should commit a revolutionary act and buy a book that doesn’t kneel.
- letter against fear
- hey tea party morons: suck on a pair.
- 10 good reasons to reread marx
- about mothers
- 3 post obama stories that fucking crack me up (tho one sceeers me)
- welcome to the white house mr. president
- uh huh you got that right
- shut the fuck up, gosh darn it
- what’s YOUR husband or parnter done lately?
- blue eyes
- free inquiry vs. indoctrination